Menu
NovaOne
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speeds 200mb

Hi guys, my connection has been bad for a few weeks now.

Im currently getting less than 10mbits on a 200mb package.  

This usually happens daily.It will go up and down randomly.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
mitschelUK
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speeds 200mb

Same here - same issue - same behaviour. Don't expect any quick fix at all. You will get 10pound a month or can leave the contract. Thats all Virgin Media will offer. Reason will be "Over utilisation". Just let them know to get your fancy 10 pound!!! woho. Useless service. 

0 Kudos
NovaOne
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Well we know its not over utilization. I keep a record of our usage. We are not heavy users.

I suspect voltage droop, but dont know what the cause is.

Thanks

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Over Utilisation is where VM's network can't handle the amount of traffic on it, rather than the amount that you are using. Smiley Wink

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
NovaOne
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ahh thanks for explaining that Pete, that makes sense.

Ohh well, i guess ill have to phone them tomorrow.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
SparkyKarl
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having slow broadband during peek hours My package is 150MB which drops off to around 2MB ... It's been like this now for 8 Weeks or more and nothing seems to be being done to fix it. All they do is keep pushing a fix date forward.

As far as I'm aware this is an ongoing issue that is effecting VM Users all over the Country!

My Area Code is: 04, Walsall

0 Kudos
Thomask556
Dialled in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I also experiencing the same issue on 200mb package where it can jump around randomly its been an ongoing issue since i moved house an took the free boot from 150 to 200mbs for keeping my services. Ive been a vm customer on and off for year's and this is terrible service there customers are experiencing. They can keep there fancy £10 and put it towards fixing everyones ongoing issues. How do you check if you live in an over subscribed area?
0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

AREA CODE 04 stats issues etc. have a look SparkyKarl 

--> AREA CODE 04 

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SparkyKarl, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some checks on your Hub and the wider connection from here, and I noticed that your area cable seems to be suffering from some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours and the reference number for this is F004972734. This is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the end of March. We thank you for your patience regarding this matter, one of my colleagues will be along with some more information regarding this matter.

I will need to confirm some security questions with you in order to make their job a little easier so please respond to my PM (Purple envelope at the top).

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thomask556, 

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know that you're experiencing some slow speeds issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please could you run a speed test with your Hub in modem mode connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking and include the results in your response.

How are you connected, wired or wireless?

Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that helps things?

I look forward to your reply, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos