Menu
SirGravity
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed in Bradford

OK, so tonight I have a ping of nearly a second, and a download speed of 0.49Mbps.

I'm getting the message that my speed is going to be increased to 150 soon when I am currently "happy" to get a tenth of that. The last time i got a reasonable speed was when I was visiting my mother, and she pays less than i do for a better service!

I have run the self help test that says it is going to sort it out. I have restarted the router. I have run both wired and wireless but unless I want to use the internet at stupid o'clock in the morning there is no real speed.

I am in area 14 (Bradford) and have read the messages on here. I think it's time we stopped getting told how brilliant the service is and started getting refunds until the infrastructure can be sorted to meet demand.

Now where did I put the 56K modem I started my life online with?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Manestream
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: This is getting ridiculous!

likewise, but in the Preston PR5 area (Lancashire) and i have teh 150mb service but getting a service that would make a 33.3kbps modem look damn good.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SirGravity,

Apologies for the peak time speed problems, networks are planning upgrades in the are on ref. F003496565, the review date for how this is progressing is currently April.

Sorry again for the delays in getting this resolved for you.

Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BD12 here waiting since spring 2015 for a resolution. Next date is April 2017 and I fully expect nothing to happen once again. 

0 Kudos