Menu
AaronMunns88
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed every Evening/Weekend

Hi, I seem to get slow speeds every evening and weekends where it will drop from 100 meg down  to between 6 - 20 meg varies most evenings and seems to last from 7pm - 10.30pm.

I have now had 2 enginners out who have checked the set up (No issues) and believe it to be utilisation but everytime they try and confirm this on the phone they are advised that no issues in the areas and my area is well under the level they would expect.

So if that is the case what is causing this drop it has now been going on for around 5 months and I never seem to get a response around a resolution, just the standard no issues we will adjust your signals please check.

Would like to get this solved as soon as possible as I'm paying for 100meg and id like to recieve it when im mostly likely to use it.

Thanks

Aaron

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed every Evening/Weekend

Hello Aaron

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are getting slow speed at times. Your line and hub stats are looking good, looking at the area traffic it does seem to have a few peaks at the times that you mention and they would most likely impact you, it does vary from day to day but overall it is not quite at a level where we would escalate to our network team. 

Just to be sure there is nothing else causing a problem if not doing so already please measure your speed over a wired connection using www.speedtest.net leaving the default server.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
AaronMunns88
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am on a cable and have tried both a cat 5e and cat 6 it makes no difference. Also when i call you when issue occurs you say no problems in area not really good enough me getting between 10-30% of advertised speed that I pay for at the times im mostly likely to use it.
0 Kudos
ClaireEll
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are having continued issues with our broadband sometimes 5G works and sometimes 2G, rarely are both working, when 2G is down it causes more issues because our printer is connected on that. The speed is slow and frankly it's very well VM saying there no issues but there are!! Gggrrrggghh 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AaronMunns88, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

It may help us to see a BQM so we get a better idea what you are seeing from your side. (please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents).

I have taken another look at the connection and it does seem to be ok from this side. So we will need to investigate further and the BQM is a good place to start.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ClaireEll, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have had similar trouble. 

I have taken a look and the connection seems to be ok from this side. 

Do you have the same trouble with your connection with the Hub in Modem Only Mode? Pop the Hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if it makes a difference. 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos