Menu
gibeline
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed - Fibre 100 - South London

Hi everyone,

I'm a customer in area 21 and since last weekend I've realised I get very slow download speeds especially in the evening.

Instead of getting 100Mps, I get on speedtest.net results between 5 and 20 Mpbs. I never seem to get the advertised speed. It's sometimes difficult to watch videos and at peak times if two devices are connected it's really disappointing.

I'm connected in ethernet and I have checked all cables, they seem fine, I also have restarted the hub 3.0 but it doesn't make a difference.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? My guess is that anyone is one the same cable as all the wifi networks around are with virgin media. I've tried to contact someone on the chat but no one seems to be available. 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed - Fibre 100 - South London

Hey gibeline,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your slow speeds, I know this is irritating.

I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F004790793 which is due for review on the 12th April. This fault is responsible for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours. I'm really sorry for this, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gibeline
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

thanks for your answer. Even after the update on 12th April, the download speeds are still disappointing.

Is there any solution to this? I assume I'm not the only one in the area having slow "super fast" fibre. Smiley Sad

Many thanks,

G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello gibeline,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004790793) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 5th July. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I did notice that the downstream power levels are too high and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos