Menu
Darkmatter2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed Edinburgh

Looks like the same old contention issue in Edinburgh. See the results below, the first at 6 a.m. and the second at 9 p.m.

Why do Virgin media keep over subscribing their service, as their hardware clearly can't supply a consistent service when people actually want to use it? Why do they keep increasing their prices - giving the excuse that we will get a better service - when nothing really changes? So frustrating, when this keep happening! I am realistic and realise that I will not get 152 Meg service all the time, but dropping to 3 Meg is ridiculous!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. The images contained your WAN IP Address. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Darkmatter2012
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed Edinburgh

Hi, I have re-attached the screen shots with info removed. My bad.

Spped Test 6 a.m..JPGSpeed Test 9.20.JPG

The first is at 6 a.m. the second at 9 p.m.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Darkmatter2012,

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F005425313 and has a review date of 25th April 2018. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Darkmatter2012
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L,

Thanks for the reply, I am a bit disappointed that this fault will be ongoing and reviewed in April 2018. Does that mean that I will be entitled to a reduction to my bill for my reduced service?

0 Kudos
Joe92
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Darkmatter2012 wrote:

Hi Samantha_L,

Thanks for the reply, I am a bit disappointed that this fault will be ongoing and reviewed in April 2018. Does that mean that I will be entitled to a reduction to my bill for my reduced service?

Absolutely! unfortunately you have to be proactive, since...

Why on earth, Samantha (and all other VM staff responding in these forum...and I understand fully that you're unfortunately tied to the company line), are VM not automatically rolling out bill reductions when cases like the above very clearly merit one? Why on earth must you continue this relentless practice of waiting and hoping that each and every 'sufferer' does not become 'aware', and thus, continues to deplete their hard-earned funds at full price? Obviously, you will offer the standard £10 off - every time - but only if the customer is savvy enough to ask for one...and VM knows full well that most are not, and by continuing to do this you are actively and very deliberately pulling the wool over individuals rights. It's also abundantly clear that the independent dispute regulator, CISAS (whom you've signed up to!), would recover much more that £10 for the customer...another step the unfortunate customer won't be aware of. Not a nice image for any company.