Menu
wilvers
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Speed - Area 25

Hi,

Each time I do a speed test I am getting around 30meg or less, but I have a 150meg connection.

Any idea on what I can do to improve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Speed - Area 25

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

0 Kudos
wilvers
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wired I am getting 60 meg down

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is that speed consistent across the whole day or are you just doing tests at the same time of the day?

if the test results are the same throughout the day, then that might be a localised problem to you, which might be solved by an engineer visit.  

However, if you are getting close to advertised speeds during the day and then far slower speeds during peak hours (usually 8pm-midnight), then read just about every other thread on this forum and you will see the sorry story of VM's over-utilisation issues.  If this is the case, I hope you have a great deal of patience.

0 Kudos
wilvers
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greyman,

It's the same throughout the day, but just noticed another thread from someone in my area with the same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi wilvers,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine with no faults reported.

I can see that you are using the Hub in modem mode, are you using your own router? If so have you completed a speed test without this connected?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos