Menu
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet Since Adding TV and Upgrading to a the "VIVID 100 Optical Fibre" - Anyone else?

As per the title, I've been having slow speeds since getting the TiVo installed. On the day of the speed increasing from 50 to 100, a speedtest got me 104Mbps down.

Now when I run a speedtest (after restarting the router and removing all devices on the network) I am lucky to get over 10Mbps.

Has anyone else had this issue? I may look at removing the TiVo from the splitter and seeing if the results are any different.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet Since Adding TV and Upgrading to a the "VIVID 100 Optical Fibre" - Anyone els

Call up your SHub http://192.168.0.1 if your in router mode or http://192.168.100.1/ if you're in modem mode and without logging in  click on router status at the top right of the page.  Copy and paste into your next message your downstream and upstream details and your network log in order to let other members or staff see if there are any obvious faults that need to be rectified. 

edited for spelling mistakes Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet Since Adding TV and Upgrading to a the "VIVID 100 Optical Fibre" - Anyone else?

Hey there Hugsley,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting, I know how irritating this can be.

Checking your connection, everything looks normal with your equipment, however I have noticed that we've very recently raised a fault in your area for high peak time traffic. The fault ref is: F004477822 and it's due for review on the 6th Dec. While this fault is on-going, you might notice a speed reduction, especially during peak time hours and to resolve this we'll need to upgrade the network in your area.

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet Since Adding TV and Upgrading to a the "VIVID 100 Optical Fibre" - Anyone els

Hi Heather, 

Thank you for replying and providing this information.

Last night I ran three speeds tests using different providers and at different times. I took everything out of the network and rebooted the router to test. Removed the splitter for the broadband and TV and had it connect straight to the super hub and removed the network switch and had it connected directly when running the tests.

At 6pm I got 5.5mb down

At 7pm I got 6.85mb down

at 8.10pm I got 0.65mb down!

Checking the equipment from your end might show it as "Online" but I am not happy paying for a 100mb service and getting literally a tiny fraction of the service.

At what point is Virgin Media in breach of their service agreement with the consumer. I went with Virgin media over all other providers as I "thought" they were the best provider with speed and stability but evidently not.

Are you able provide me from the SLAs on the VIVID 100 package so I can liase with Ofcom, as waiting until December until it improves is just not good enough.

Thanks and kind regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hugsley,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating and inconvenient. We don't have a fix date, we work towards review dates with these faults as often we will face delays which are beyond our control.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos