Menu
K3R
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Fibre for Months - No Resolution

Hi, we've always been on the 152Mb fibre broadband and for a long time we never had any issues. Suddenly, about half a year ago, our broadband speeds dropped from ~160Mb to 70Mb-90Mb.

We had an engineer out who couldn't fix the problem, and who apparently forwarded on the issue to a department who never got back to us (this was about five months ago).

A few days ago, we changed our Virgin Media package and were shipped the new Super Hub (2ac) to handle the upgraded 200Mb VIVID speeds, and I was hopeful that this new Super Hub and the upgraded connection might fix the speed issue we had before. This was not the case, and speeds currently remain at 70Mb-90Mb on a 200Mb VIVID broadband package.

We had the same engineer out yesterday who, again, couldn't find a fault. He informed me that a technician would be out to check if the issue was located between the box on our street and at Virgin Media's end, and that the engineer would phone me today to let me know what's happening. It's now 8:36pm and no phone call, no change in speeds.

I'm rapidly losing hope that this issue will ever be fixed. I don't think it's fair that we've been paying for the 152Mb broadband package when we may as well have been paying for 100Mb. We obviously haven't been receiving the extra bandwidth we've paid for each month.

I'm wondering if there's someone else who can actually give me some insight into why this issue has occurred in the first place, and whether or not it's likely to be resolved any time soon.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Fibre for Months - No Resolution

Hi K3R,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I deeply apologise for the problems you've had with the speeds over the past six months or so. I appreciate this is frustrating especially when you've not had the answer to the most burning question.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. There appears to be a high demand for our service in your area. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this. This is being investigated under fault reference F003293562. The next review date has been set for 25th November 2015.

The latest update does state the team have encountered complex issues and that the upgrade has been delayed until November. Please be aware this may change again if the issues are still there next month. I'm afraid I don't have any more information to provide at this stage.

I've added your details to the fault so we know you're affected too. I'll now move this post to a special team who are dealing with this further and keeping an eye on the updates. They'll be in touch shortly.

I'm really sorry about this but reset assured we're hard towards a resolution for you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
K3R
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm bumping this thread because I was told that the next review date for Fault: F003293562 is today, 25th November. I'm hoping to get an update on the status of the fault, which has been affecting us for a significant amount of time.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
K3R
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bumping this thread once again for an update on Fault ref: F003293562. Review date: 23/12/2015

Still no change in our speeds (~80Mb-90Mb), would appreciate the discussed credit on our account to keep rolling until the fault is resolved.

Let me know if there's a simpler way to go about keeping up with this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Aurel
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the club K3R ! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
K3R
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bumping this thread because the issue still isn't resolved. Can't reach download speeds of more than 90Mb but we're paying for the 200Mb connection.

The usual monthly credit of £12.50 applied to our account wasn't applied last month, we'd really appreciate if this credit would keep rolling until the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Skeye78
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lucky you I am struggling to get 1.03mbs I was downloading mid afternoon and speed was 0.03 it's driving me crazy it seems the improvement in my area has made things worse 

0 Kudos
Skeye78
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I will have to look into the £12.50 credit
0 Kudos