Menu
Arthur-Hucksake
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow - Fed up paying £50 a month for this....

Is there any chance I can get a human response to a problem here?

For weeks the connection has been slow during peak times. It often runs at the full 200Mbit during the day when i'm usually not around to use it. 

Soon as I get home from work in the evening, it dips to beyond woeful levels around 10mbit or lower.

Wired connection, modem mode to different router, using the hub regular yada yada.

Calls to Tech Support are about as much use as punching a wall and far less satisfying. 

I am in the NG5 area and no issues are reported on the 0800 number that Tech Support has given me, but they have provided fault ref F004311662. 

Is there anywhere I can check the progress on that?

Thanks

Another Fed Up Customer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow - Fed up paying £50 a month for this....

Hey Arthur-Hucksake,

I'm sorry for the problems you're suffering with your speeds during peak times.

I've run some tests and I can confirm you're affected by F004311662. This is the reference for ongoing investigation work in the area, our engineers are currently planning some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area. Once this work is completed, you'll find that your speeds (especially during peak times) return to normal. The current review date for the work is 5th October 2016.

I'll send you a PM with a bit more info about this issue, including details of how you can claim a credit for the loss of service. We'll keep you posted of further developments as and when we know more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Arthur-Hucksake
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incredible.

We had six months of poor service for the same reason last year under a different reference. How can you be taking on new customers if you can't even provide a base level of service?

I cannot wait until BT Infinity lands here. Had a good few years of consistent service previously with that.

0 Kudos
alalx
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"The current fault F003320128 has a new review date of 01/03/2017"

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003320128 - Ongoing faulty unreliable service from Virgin Media since July 2015
0 Kudos