Menu
Hteik
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

Last few weeks evening connection to Ancestry and ebay are virtually unusable as the connection is so slow and this evening even my  web mail times out. 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

First of all you are best checking on the 'Service Status' option on your online Virgin Media account.  This will list any known issues affecting your area.

Do you have more than one device, and if so, is this issue affecting all devices ?

Are you connected via a wireless or a wired connection ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Hteik
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Service status looks OK, effect 3 devices all connected by wire. Situation seem to have degraded since alleged 70gb improvements.

It's so bad on occasions that I give up using the PC and has coincided with my email client continually asking for it's password which has been unchanged since 1066

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What do you get on speed tests if you run a speed test on www.speedtest.net ?

I assume the Service Status doesn't list any issues currently affecting broadband in your area ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Hteik
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI

At this moment I am getting 76.8 and everything is a quantum faster than of late, perhaps Virgin has "got its finger out" we will see if continues to be unproblematic.

Keith

0 Kudos
Hteik
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just tested speed again and it is 77mbps so this may be a problem with ebay and Ancestry themselves . At this moment ebay is appallingly slow

Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hteik, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble accessing some sites. 

I have taken a look and your connection looks great from this side. 

There is currently an issue with email ref F005179083 with customers unable to access Webmail - getting the 3 loading dots when they try to access the emails. A client mail may be a way around that for the moment, for example Outlook. 

I haven't heard anything about eBay or Ancestry being slow to respond how have things been looking since you last posted? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Received this update on 2017-03-24_09:29:

"Fault Ref: F005179083

This problem has now been fixed.

The Virgin Media Team"

However:

F004297472 – Over Utilization in Tring Area (HP23) is yet to be resolved. Next Review date (which is NOT the Resolution Date): 07Jun2017.

See answers from LG/VM here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/F004297472-Over-Utilization-in-Tring-Area-19Mar17/m-p/3372...

and here:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/F004297472-Over-Utilization-in-Tring-Area-20Mar17/m-p/3373...

0 Kudos