Menu
Garf32
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

A Virgin engineer came out last week to look at our Tivo box which he has swapped and is now working properly.  

When he was here he checked our internet speed which was around 30mbs.  He then tested the speed from the box in the road outside and got the same reading.  We are supposed to get up to 200mbs and are paying for this.  He noted that there is a problem on the network and he reported it.  We have checked the speed again this morning and it is still no more than 30mbs.  I have looked on the Virgin Media website and can't see any service issues in the area - please could you let me know how I go about following this up and finding out what is happening with the network issue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

Hi Garf32,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area causing intermittent connection - Ref.(F005046179). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 8th February.

I'll check back with you on the review date to make sure everything is working OK.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Garf32
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any update at all broadband is actually getting slower 13mbs yesterday about 7% of the advertised and paid for service

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Garf32,

Thanks for posting back here.

In regards to the fault my colleague Josh mentioned that was causing intermittent connection, this has been closed as resolved.

With the slow speeds, looking at the network there is a high traffic during peak hours and I have raised this to the networks department for further investigation.

Once I have more information I will let you know.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Morning Garf32,

Just wanted to inform you of the details I received in regards to the high peak time traffic fault.

The reference number is F005090916 and has a review date of 5th July.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos