Menu
Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband

Hey guys,

hoping to get some help from here, i have recently has my virgin media package calls/tv/broadband installed monday this week, all was good install went well and that day i was getting 100mb as I subscribe to!.Things are going down hill lol, tv on demand is getting problems but according to their virgin status this should be fixed by close of play tomorrow so i let this one slide

0 Kudos
Regamuffin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband

Sorry for the 2 parts ipad issues, now since the install day i am on receive 8mb download and 4 upload at best! Throughout the day.

I rang 150 tech team and they advised me of upgrades an issues in my area but wouldn't say what but say they would offer me a discount and that was literally the end of the call, now I don't want a discount i would like this issue sorted out!
What upgrades and issues are going on? I cant see none of the service page plus actually out and about in the street.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Regamuffin,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004297472 and with a review date of 1st March 2017.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch shortly with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tring-A-Ling
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had an engineer at my house today, 09Mar17. Very good, efficient and friendly service, really happy with that visit !

However, installation at my premises is all OK, but broadband continues to be VERY unstable. Reason given "High utilisation in area".

The Service Checklist I was handed today states that resolution of F004297472 is now expected by 07Jun17.

0 Kudos