Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (96 Views)

Slow Broadband

[ Edited ]

Im in area 20 and supposed to get 100Mb/s but today Im getting 6.67Mb/s. Seems to be getting slower and slower each time I use it. You shouldnt advertise 100Mb/s when you can only deliver 6.67Mb/s. I was getting better speed(31Mb/s) when I was on the 30Mb package.Whats wrong?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 7 (105 Views)

Slow Broadband. Downstream and Upstream channels

Downstream Channels Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Rx Power RxMER Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors Locked 0 306750000 Hz 256 QAM -1.3 dBmV 37.1 dB 407 0 NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown NotLocked Unknown Upstream Channels Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Tx Power Mode Channel Bandwidth Symbol Rate Locked 59 32600000 Hz ATDMA 43.2 dBmV 16QAM 6400000 Hz 5120 Ksym/sec NotLocked 0 0 Hz 0 dBmV 0 Ksym/sec NotLocked 0 0 Hz 0 dBmV 0 Ksym/sec NotLocked 0 0 Hz 0 dBmV 0 Ksym/sec
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (81 Views)

My downstream figures are

Downstream
DS-1 DS-2 DS-3 DS-4 DS-5 DS-6 DS-7 DS-8
Frequency (Hz) 266750000 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Lock Status(QAM Lock/FEC Sync/MPEG Lock) Locked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked
Channel ID 0 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Modulation 256QAM Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Symbol Rate (Msym/sec) 6.952000 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Interleave Depth I=12
J=17 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Power Level (dBmV) -1.67 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
RxMER (dB) 37.36 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Pre RS Errors Reset Counter 1863 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Post RS Errors Reset Counter -26 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7 (88 Views)

Still really slow Broadband area 20. Figures as requested.

I get 6.67 to 26.5Mb/s via ethernet with all other pripherals switched off. I had better results when I was on 30Mb/s and now Im supposed to be on 100Mb/s. I was for a couple of weeks. Here is the screenshot of Downstream and Upstream channels as asked for. The bar light on the router is often blinking green instead of blue now. Thanks for your help.

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)

Re: Slow Broadband. Downstream and Upstream channels

Evening wendykins,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing an issue with the broadband connection.

From the information you posted it is showing you are only locked onto 1 downstream and upstream. For this I can arrange an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

I also replied to you on your first thread in regards to slow speeds > Very Slow Broadband. If you can reply back to me on this thread instead of creating multiple one's, that would be helpful as it will be less confusing and we can keep the conversation in one place.

Speak to you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (76 Views)

Broadband still extremely slow

After posting up and downstream channels I was told by text that the problem was at the Virgin end. Then got another text to say the problem was fixed. The speed is as slow as ever. Should be 100 and getting as low as 9. When I was on 30 at least I got 30. Looking for another supplier. How can you advertise 100 and only supply 9. These tests have been done at different times of the day so don't tell me it's because it's busy.
Thanks for any help
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 7 (55 Views)

Re: Broadband still extremely slow

You've a few different posts about the same issue around the forum so Ive merged them together. Please post in this thread if its in relation to your speed problems.

At a guess, you have two issues.

• The separate posts mean there's no continuity so staff aren't picking up on your issues (Ive corrected that by merging)
  • Cancellation of required engineers visit.

Dont think I'm blaming you for teh post thing , just pointing out how this support forum works- hopefully we have you back on track now.

Your second issue (cancellation of an engineer when an area issue is fixed) is fairly common with VM's systems- but staff can escalate the issue for you. We need to get you back on the correct number of upstream/downstream channels. Can you post the screenshots again?

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

As soon as you have done that if the channels are still wrong Ill get this escalated for you.

0 Kudos