Menu
TEAK36
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband speeds, would now router help?

I pay for the 152M Virgin BB, but the best speeds I seem to get are around 35 - 40mbps. I used to get 80-90mbps, so I do not understand why my speeds are so low for the past 12 Months. I have tested a wired connection to see what speeds I get, and I do get a little more (50-60mbps), but still lower than what I was getting previously. I contacted VM last month as speeds had dropped to 15-20mbps, and they did something that got it back to current levels of 35-40mbps, but I am still not happy with this. The router I have is the first super hub from around 5 or 6 years ago, so maybe getting one of the new super hub's may help? 

I have been a Customer since the days of NTL, but have become very disillusioned with the service I am getting.  The big green box that BT Open Reach manage is literally 20 feet from my house, so maybe I can get better (and cheaper) BB with another provider?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband speeds, would now router help?

Hey Teak36,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow speeds at the moment, I know how irritating this can be.

Looking at your connection I can see we're working on fault: F004127409 at the moment, which would be the cause of the slow speeds you described. I don't think a new router would improve your connection performance until this fault has been resolved.

The current review date is the 11th Jan, so please keep in touch and we will provide progress updates.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos