Menu
Jim_B57
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband speeds 16:00 to 22:00 Daily

I live in the TF2 area of Telford and am getting a regular drop in performance in the evenings accompanied by a degradation of connection quality. I am using a wired connection to a TP Link Archer router with the Virgin Hub in Modem mode. I am paying for 100Mbs and getting around 20Mbs every evening for the past month. Speeds during the day are up around the 100Mbs level with a pingtest score of B*. In the evening it is C*, D* and even F*

PingtestPingtest

SpeedtestSpeedtest

Helpful Answers
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow Broadband speeds 16:00 to 22:00 Daily

this slow broadband speeds are effecting everyone in peek times its between 16.00 to 24.00 daily i know and its been alot of posts about this speed isuse and virgin media is working on it getting it fixed it can take over a year to 2 years to get it fixed and i am getting high utilization it can effect everyone on the virgin media network

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos

All Replies
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

this slow broadband speeds are effecting everyone in peek times its between 16.00 to 24.00 daily i know and its been alot of posts about this speed isuse and virgin media is working on it getting it fixed it can take over a year to 2 years to get it fixed and i am getting high utilization it can effect everyone on the virgin media network

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Kizza-1974
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same problems and as a gamer its during the times I want to game. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim_B57,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you back here.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003417862 and with a review date of 7th December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos