Menu
davethemaster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband speed at night

Hi, I am on the 150Mb service but at night it is dropping to between 1 and 5Mb so completely unusable. When I rang VM about a month ago after a long delay and much uncertainty from the operator it was finally confirmed that there was a problem in the area. He also said that there was no definite resolution date but it would be sorted by the end of Feb. I was asked if I would like a text message when the problem was sorted. Needless to say Feb deadline has passed and no text and no improvement to service. I really don't want to spend another hour on the phone to VM so if someone can take this up on here I would be grateful. Thanks  

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband speed at night

Hi davethemaster,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004403024). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 30th August 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davethemaster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well Josh that sounds just great. So I shall just sit in my living room watching the wheel of buffering for the next 6 months, paying silly money for break net speed promises while being delivered dial up! As a matter of interest I rang your customer services earlier who promptly assured me that the fault was being escalated and I would definitely see a resolution well within a month. Mmmm, does anyone smell something foul in the air?
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The off shore "support" team will tell you anything to get you off the phone and make their life easier, I was told twice there was a fault in my area recently only to be told by VM second line there were no such faults and I had been lied to.

My issue was fixed a few days ago and took 6 weeks but waiting until August is ridiculous, if you have another vendor in your area I would get out now, remember this is a review date and will more than likely be pushed back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi davethemaster, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and as mentioned by Josh it does seem you are affected by fault ref F004403024 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 30/08/2017. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Do you find the connection any better outside of peak hours? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davethemaster
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So the DM thing with the VM op fizzled out after a couple of goes. Basically she can't speak to me about my case until I have given my password (no idea) or rang 150 for the usual half hour run around to reset password. The really funny part is that on both occasions when I actually wasted my time ringing 150 they managed to discuss my account without verifying my password or any other sequirity question. Anyway anyone tried this Resolver service I saw on MSE recently?
0 Kudos
davethemaster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I would update on the dreadful service I am receiving from Virgin Media and a warning to anyone thinking of signing up to their superfast service. You will see from the forum team responses above that they have casually told me that I will be crawling at super sloooooooowww speeds for the next 6 months. This is it, no explanation as to why despite three long phone calls (which turns out to be six if you count having to call back after they have done an automated test on the line).

No, I am far from happy with their rubbish service. Unless of course I get up at 5am each day and do all my superfast surfing then. Yes 5am is the time when I get the advertised 150mb or even better! Shame I am not on a night shift really!

The speed starts to drop off throughout the day (while I am at work) just in time for my evening crawl at around 5 or 6 mb if I am lucky! The last time I rang VM I was told that I could skip the long menu system with another maintenance number. Well that was amazing. I got an automated message to tell me that there were no updates for my area and then the line went dead.

Virgin Media used to be a good ISP, but ever since they started flogging their new 'superfast' service the wheels have come off. I have mates who are with Sky and although can only get around 50mb, this is guaranteed and constant. This is starting to sound like the way to go. I am at then end of my tether!

New customers beware!

0 Kudos
mikou110
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I do meet the same problem in around 2 months or more, every night.  I can't stand it!!! Played games with 500 Ping, and when I contacted virgin media, they said the same thing as "I couldn't find any problem", but it does happen every night!!! Though I know that's not their staff's problem, I just hope to show my mad emotion. And anybody knows how to solve it yet?

0 Kudos
davethemaster
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just started a case against Virgin through the Resolver site (just google Resolver). The set up is well structured and easy to use. I believe it is run by Martin Lewis MSE site. I will post if I get a result. 

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am lucky my issue was resolved, but after being lied 2 twice by 1st line and receiving poor service from the executive complaints team where they just ignored my billing issue I am still leaving VM.

VM really need to sort out their off shore team, it's a liability to their business.