Menu
Gregg5531
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband on area 20

My broadband speeds at peak time are awful. Im paying for VIVID 200 and getting 6 meg if im lucky. Ive had an engineer out who said it is due to utilisation and wont be fixed until May. I cant stream movies or TV without it bufferring. Ive know a lot of people in this area are sufferring the same issues. It isnt good enough and would like some kind of compensation. Im not getting what my contract states.
0 Kudos
wolg718
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband on area 20

Hey

Me too (area 20), mind you it's not as bad as that (~80mb) - 6MB sounds really terrible.  It sounds like it's a real problem as well as contention.

I've talked with them about it and you'll get a story about contention and they'll knock £12.50 off your bill, but only if you remember to ring them once a month.  Their system also gets a little confused about the discount as well, so keep an eye on your bill.  I suggested dropping it down to the 100mb service, but then I got told it would be even worse.  The story I got was that engineers were rolling out a fix on the 23rd of December and I'd get an SMS and a new router when that was complete.  Given the date, I can only assume they meant 2017....  

I wish they'd actually have somewhere they could let you see when it was actually going to be done.  That said, it's kind of them to prepare me for 2017 with a buffer of continual disappointment, so it won't jar quite so much.  In that vein, I imagine they're preparing the annual "We're putting the fees up, because of these extra channels, etc, etc" - so we've got that to look forward to. 

So, ring them once a month and say you're getting rubbish service (they don't argue it) and hope for the best.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gregg5531,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look healthy. How are you connected to the hub? If wireless could you try a wired connection and let us know how you get on?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gregg5531
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Done all this twice. Had an hour long call with a technical bloke and then had an engineer come out. They both said the router is fine but said there is an issue with over utillisation in the area and may not be fixed till May. Not happy at all.
0 Kudos