Menu
Robbie_RWW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband in Wallasey, Merseyside (CH44 area)

I am still getting around 10Mb down speed on my 200Mb broadband in the Wallasey, Merseyside area. I am led to believe that this will be rectified this November 2016 as work is still in progress?  Can anybody confirm this will happen as I keep getting told dates, and it never happens.

Thanks, Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband in Wallasey, Merseyside (CH44 area)

Hi there Rob,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

It's great to see new members!

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're dealing with at the moment, I can understand this is irritating.

I've taken a look at your local area and I can see fault: F003357217 which is currently due for review on 9th Nov. When the ticket it reviewed, we will have more info for you.

Please get back to us on or after the review date.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Robbie_RWW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The review date has now passed. What's the verdict?  As you can see from this image - I'm not getting close to 200Mbps. The ping is also awful. It looks like members are being told a date after date.  If it isn't going to be fixed, please just tell me that.

Thanks, Rob
3.65Mbps3.65Mbps

Neilwirral22
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ive been having the same problem and was told it would be resolved on 9th nov but as yet absolutely no improvement. Keep being told they are working on it. Was told in October that the fault was to with the local network server at the main hub or something along those lines, and that would cost around £1/2m to replace and they are trying to avoid that. Well I think it's about time they cough up and get it replaced. Made a few calls to the tech team today and phone kept hanging up, then decided to try the cancellations and got through in less than 20s. Will be leaving them ASAP unless I can have a definitive answer, can get faster speeds on any other copper line. Will also be reporting this to OFCOM. 

Robbie_RWW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Still no improvement, and no Virgin Media representative has come back to me as of yet on this thread, with a reason why the internet is still crawling along. The guy down the road from me was told by VM that the infrastructure that supplies out internet cannot supply anywhere near the “Up to” speeds we have been sold.  VM told him that they require permission from the Wirral Council to dig up the roads and lay new / more cables.  To be honest, I think they may well just spin a wheel, and the excuse it lands on is the latest reason why we get poor speed. VM have pretty much halved my bill at this point in time as I was in the process of going to BT.  I still feel that 35 quid for (in my case) up to 6 Mbps is not worth it (On very rare occasions, I almost get 80Mbps).  BT works great around here, and you get the best part of the 75Mbps they advertise, constantly.  I know this because I use it in work, and friends of BT I have spoken to all agree that BT deliver what they say. Saying that, I’ve been with VM since it was Nynex, over twenty years ago, so a part of me wants to see VM get this all back on its feet, or at least be honest and let me know what the future really holds for the internet speeds.

Rob

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the late reply, we're really busy at the moment.

I can see that you're still getting slow speeds, this must be disappointing.

Checking the fault I can see the review date has been extended to the 25th Jan.

I'd like to thank you for your continued patience and loyalty, it really is appreciated.

Please bump this post again in the new year for another update.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gillymc1948
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it is now August 2017 and the slow broadband issue seems to be ongoing.  I am in Wallasey Village and have had this problem for months now.   my lowest download speed was recorded at 9.84 and my highest at 54.9 my ping varies from 8 - 38.  I have contacted Virgin on a couple of occasions but don;t get any satsifaction.  I am in the process of changing suppliers. 

0 Kudos