Menu
Nobby6789
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband and other Issues

I've had it with Virgin Media, used to be good service , but not now absolute rubbish. It takes you 40 mins to ring up and complain, they check out the system remotely and tell you that there are no problems in your area, but you know this is not true, because when you find that the broadband is working you do a search in the SG1 area and find that lots of people are having the same problems, you eventually get an engineer to visit he checks everything at this end and tells me what I already know, that everything is working perfectly at this end. You find out that there a full on upgrade going on in the area and its going to be weeks before its finished. Do virgin media contact you to apologize for the poor service, do they tell you when it will be fixed, do they offer compensation for the pitiful service they are providing, NO not an E mail not a letter not even a call. Ok I've had my rant and I hope it persuades others to leave Virgin Media. Once I have sorted out a new provider I'll be off and I wont come back. I hate bad service, but understand things go wrong, but when you keep telling me how good you are in your adverts I find it hard to take. Bye

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband and other Issues

Hello Nobby6789,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to read about the connection problems you're experiencing, along with the lack of support so far.

I've just checked your connection and I can see a fault in your area under ref: F003443743 and it's due for review on the 14th Dec. While this fault in on-going you may notice the speeds are decreased during peak time hours.

I'm sorry you've not been told about this previously, please keep in touch with us for progress updates.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nobby6789
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The issue with your broadband service has been going on since August and you are telling me it only merits a review, this suggests you will only do something about it if enough people complain. You are not giving much away either, what is the problem? how are you going to deal with it? WHEN are you going to deal with it? Give me an informed and truthful answer, you might gain some respect.

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nobby, it's been ongoing since at least December 2014.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos