Menu
49Chainsaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband and Router issues

Hi,

I currently have the 200Mbps broadband package and I'm in the area 31. After a couple of minutes after booting up the PC my broadband runs really slowly.  It does matter if it's on peak or off peak.  After a further 10 minutes my router drops out completely and I have to reboot the router.  This problem has been ongoing for a while now and is not getting any better. 

I'm running on an Ethernet cable as I'm next to my router.  Anybody out there that could help would be appreciated  as I struggle to get time off work?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband and Router issues

Hello 49Chainsaw,

Thanks for joining the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. I can't see anything obviously wrong with your Hub when I test it. Do you have problems with any other devices, or is this only affecting your hard-wired PC?

Really want to investigate further so please get back to us when you have a chance.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
49Chainsaw
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Heather,
Thanks for getting back to me. My desktop is my main computer, but if I connect my laptop via WiFi the router still drops out within 10 minutes if I try to download anything. I struggle to get speeds higher than 85 mbps and have to use WiFi booster to get a signal round our 3 bed semi. To be honest all these issues started after delivery of the new super hub.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey 49Chainsaw,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

When you say you wireless will drop out when download, do you actually lose connection to your network and have to manually re-join? Are you able to perform some tests with your Hub in Modem Mode and let me know if the same problems occur.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos