Menu
james2k2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband and Constant disconnections

Hi All,

Over the past week or so I've been getting constant disconnections on my broadband, which is now starting to get extremely irritating. Also, I'm getting a much slower speed than before which is also annoying as things like Youtube videos or Amazon Prime Video may briefly drop in quality during viewing when I'm supposed to be on 200mbps. I've done several speed tests over wifi and wired connections and getting a maximum of 61mbps down, and 11mbps up. 

What's happening is my internet stops working and the router starts flashing the arrow indicator light yellow. It doesn't take long to reconnect but it is very frustrating! Easily 5 times a night when I'm at home.

I've run the online test on the VM website but that says everything is fine when it's really not.

Any advice please?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
james2k2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband and Constant disconnections

Really nobody going to comment from VM??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband and Constant disconnections

Morning james2k2,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with your broadband connection.

I've run some tests on your line and everything has come back as fine. There are no faults reported and no time-outs reported since the router has been online.

Can you complete speed tests whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected. Have you achieved 200 Mbps before?

With the disconnections, can you post the network log from the router settings for us to check over please? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have network log and you can copy and paste this information.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos