Menu
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband, Unable to Contact

Good Evening,

I am presently paying for the top tier package (v200 gamer) and from the moment it was set up the best speed I could get is 60mbps down but it is usually 20-30mbps down (be it wired on a gigabit port, wireless, or whatever) and I get drop outs.

I contacted someone who said there was a fault in the area that should be resolved soon. - She said she would put a note on my account so I wasn't charged seeing as I am not getting what I am paying for. Looking at my billing it is saying I owe full whack still.

I have since checked your site for issues in the area and it says "No known issues"

I have tried using the web form to talk.. but every time I am about to go through it suddenly says no one is available and I refresh the page and it just says to try later.

When I call I am left on hold for ages and no one answers. After 45 minutes of waiting for someone to answer my call last night I gave up.

And there is no web form to email you so I am left with trying random email addresses in the hope that someone picks it up. To which I got a response saying the email was not checked for support queries and to use the contact details on the site to submit a query.. which I couldn't do as the only options on the site are to call or web chat.. both of which don't seem to get any response.

Please can someone give me an update on the problem in the area (merstham, field oaks way), and resolve the issue with the billing.

The customer service and speeds are making me regret switching to virgin, I had fantastic customer service and speeds at my previous property with Zen, but I was desperate to not have a phone line and a faster connection... the 80mb I was getting was definitely better value than the 30mbps I am getting.

DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband, Unable to Contact

Does anyone know if I can leave virgin when I have just signed up?
I can never get hold of anyone to discuss anything.
I don't get the speeds
I get told I wont have to pay due to not getting the speeds, then billed full whack...
and no one answers. I've already had enough.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

You get 14 days to leave if you just signed up.

Forum team take 1-2 weeks to respond from the date of your last post on this thread sadly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately its been more than 14 days, and even if it hadn't been 14 days I can't get through to anyone to cancel anyway. 

Bloody ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I will say its hit its peak this morning though... 117mbps down. 

I have been checking every day at various times and its been 30-60 pretty consistently, so maybe this is a sign of things improving. 

I will keep my eye on it, but either way I am still not getting the 200mbps I am paying for. 

0 Kudos
bigbaxi3
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed since June from 4pm in the evening hardly no speed at all ? Coming to the end of the road now virginmedia told me it will be fixed for 14th Dec if not time to leave virgin and find anothere server .a very unsaturated customer😤
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@bigbaxi3

Will save you the wait. It's not a fix date. Phone staff scripts tell them it is but it's only a review date and nothing more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I'd suggest Zens FTTC - a little more expensive than the big name brands but the customer service and stability is amazing.
0 Kudos
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Well I finally got through to someone. Took me taking a day off work so I could be first in the queue.

They've applied a credit of £12.50 meaning I'm paying 75% for a service I am getting 25% for

Which I said wasn't acceptable. If I go to the ombudsman they (virgin) will get charged £300 before they even consider the complaint, and I wouldn't be surprised if they uphold my complaint.

I said this to the person I spoke to and said realistically they could save themselves money and hassle by just applying a fair credit now for the poor service... And they "couldn't do anything"
0 Kudos
DavidianX
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

still sat on 30-50mb

Credit that was supposed to be applied wasn't too so I have had to call up and speak to a number of different people...

I wish they had email support.. no one is ever free on the chat and I rarely have time to call when they are open.

fault should be fixed by the EOM - I hope it is.. but this has definitely soured me to them and I will be looking at new services if there is any more BS like this.

0 Kudos