Menu
alhrona
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband Speeds

We have recently updated to the 150 Mbps internet, it was running fine but for the past week its been showing speeds of 18Mbps on Speedtest.net. The location of the ip address is miles away from our location(about a 2 hour journey) , this was never the case and it was always correct. Please can you advise on what to do to fix this problem.

Thanks , Alan

0 Kudos
Swifty79
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds

Could it be that the area you are in is now vastly over subscribed and that the applied traffic management slows it to a snails pace?

Have you tried both wired and wireless? Do you get the same poor results with both?

Run a speed test http://www.speedtest.net/ and see what you get with both a wired and wireless connection.

The area I'm in is so over subscribed that when I want to use the internet (Steam mainly) I can't because the speeds are shockingly bad. I signed up for Vivid 200 and this is what I get most of the time

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5988916440.png

And they want to charge nearly £50 a month for what is quite frankly a **bleep** poor service? They do give a loss of services credit which is applied to your account but it's paltry for the service you get. I just like you want the broadband that I signed up for and as it currently stands the contract isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds

Hey alhrona,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you've noticed a reduction in your speed. I've taken a look and nothing obvious is standing out. Are you testing your speeds on a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Do you notice the speed fluctuating at all?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos