Menu
Vega40
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband Speeds in DY8

Have noticed slow speeds over the past couple of days in DY8. I just did a speed check and am getting a download speed of 1.4mb per second. Could someone have a look? Thanks, Matt
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds in DY8

Hi Matt

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds, I know how frustrating this can be.

I've run some checks on your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low.

When you completed the speed tests was this through a wireless connection? If so are you able to try through wired and whilst the router is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ? 

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lucks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds in DY8

Hi

For the past month I have been getting very low bb speed from around 5pm until after midnight.. Has been getting progressively worse over the month  and at times has been unusable over the Christmas period. Constant buffering when streaming  during these periods. I am in DY8( Norton), area 04

My plan speed is 100mps  but sometimes getting as low as 1-3 mps during evenings.

Have checked with neighbours and they are experiencing similar problems.. Tested speeds on both Lan and wireless with  same results

Any known fault issues or is this the typical  utilisation problem i.e  network unable to cope with busy period traffic.

I do note that Fault number F003864632 has been issued on other threads related to DY8 area. Does that apply in this case.

Thanks

Lucks .

0 Kudos