Menu
kindfrog
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband Speeds Area 20

I got my Hub 3.0 in November and when the router was set up we were getting between 30MB and 70MB over the first weekend (set up on a Friday evening) thought brilliant what a good choice going for cable - since then, the max speed has been up to 5MB and an average of 2MB. I'm paying for 100MB service, it's ridiculous that they can charge you so much money for a service which they are not providing. Tried everything that is listed on the forums about locations, bought wireless extenders, still no joy, but have a massively strong signal throughout my house, just no speed! I have phoned the technical staff who said it is something with my router and they would get back to me. Well I haven't heard anything and not expecting too.

Furthermore, now had an outage for nearly 2 days... Does anyone have any other ideas or should I keep ringing the technical staff and spend more of my own money keeping Branson on his Island retreat???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband Speeds Area 20

Hi kindfrog, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been struggling with your speeds. 

Looking at your connection things seem ok from this side.

Are you having trouble with a wired or wireless connection? Or are the speeds persistently slow on either connection? 

Pop the hub into Modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference as it will help us to rule some things out. 

It may also be worth seeing a BQM (please be aware link is external and we are not responsible for its contents).

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos