Menu
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow (2 mbs) down to non-existent INTERNET PO7 area

Having been having issues with slow internet all day.  Sometimes disappears all together.  Phoned tech support. they tried some remote tinkering with the router and told me to ring back in a couple of hours if its not fixed...  Having seen multiple posts for the same issue i'm guessing there is a generic issue somewhere...

Not sure why VM dont dont take prompt action updating the service status... Would save us all alot of wasted time clogging up the service centers with repeat calls.. tried calling them back but its now over 25 minute waiting time.... 

VM PLEASE SORT THIS OR LET US KNOW WHATS HAPPENING

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow (2 mbs) down to non-existent INTERNET PO7 area

PO12 here, bin em. Drop em like a hot brick, that's what I am going to do, moved to sky cos my Tivo started running like a 3 legged dog but got talked into staying with BB, its a joke and Im leaving, must be a known issue as they are letting me leave 3 months into a contract with no early termination

0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE
Phone lines were jammed yesterday so let to the next day... Woke to find no internet at all. Call Service center on 150 (only a 10 minute wait this time)

After doing more router tests it was confirmed by the person that there IS an issue in the Portsmouth area that is being addressed.. It is scheduled to be FIXED by 5pm today. And yet the service status still shows as NO PROBLEMS.

I'm back to 2.5mbs of internet service.. no good at all for my NOW TV movies package.

Probably important to note that both times I called the people handling the calls seemed to be doing their best to help me with the tools they had available to them. That noted I have initiated the complaints procedure... based upon the actual downtime, lack of real-time service failure reporting as well as the time it's taking to get to the bottom of the issue. I will report back on how that goes, be interesting to see how it's dealt with.
0 Kudos
nicholsr
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad to have found this thread. Thanks for posting. I am also seeing 1-3 Mbps in the PO4 area today. Hope its fixed by 5 like VM told you. 

0 Kudos
nicholsr
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this post. Also seeing same problem in PO4 area today. 

0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Checked again at 6pm... still only at 4mbs... Smiley Sad

Have joined speedtest.net site now so I have an ongoing record of all speedtests... Service Status still indicates no known issues...
0 Kudos
nicholsr
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was getting 4mbps last night at 10pm. Up to 10 this morning but I usually get 30. Paying for 70.
0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK 4 days in No internet this morning at all... But useful chat with customer service has confirmed that the Portsmouth region broadband speed issue seen on the community was now recognized by VM. Engineers have been dispatched to resolve

When pushed on the lack of service status webpages I'm told that VM don't add such issues to 'Service Status' unless it affects a very large number of customers. It Seems that the issue is isolated to a specific number of 'switches/customer groups. ..so only a small portion of Portsmouth customers (100's not 1000's)

The new fix time for today? sorry cant recall what she said now.. but I am now upto 11mbs... Also found that you only need just over 5mbs to stream movies... Still this is still only 10% of the contracted (Vivid100)

Will continue to monitor speeds and keep a record of them...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mach13-13,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Are you still having issues with the broadband? If so are you able to post your speed test results for us to check please?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam Thanks for dropping in...  Have just checked and it seems am upto 56Mbs now,, which is good news. 

Do you know what sort of average I should be getting on Vivid 100?

Regards Mak

0 Kudos