Menu
Belafon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow 2.5mbs speed vivid 200 package

I'm downloading at roughly 2.5mbs, when I tried beta.speedtest I managed to get 9.4mbs, as I have the 200mbps package you can understand my upset. I have had the package for 3 days, which isn't long, but the speed hasn't increased at all and is slower than my old internet provider, which wasn't fibre. Any advice? Pretty please?

Tried connecting with WiFi and gigabit. No change in speeds.

Area Reference is 14 and I got the full house package but I doubt the T.V is sucking all the bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 2.5mbs speed vivid 200 package

Are the slow speeds all the time or just in evenings?

0 Kudos
Belafon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All the time unfortunately, I'll try phoning tomorrow, otherwise no idea what I'll do

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Belafon,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy apologies for the slow speed issues you're suffering at the moment.

I've run some tests and whilst your hub looks OK, the network segment does show high peak time traffic. I'm a bit concerned that you said this happens all the time, as the network issues are only a factor during peak times (4pm - midnight weekdays and all day weekends).

Are you testing wired or wireless? If wireless could you try a wired test with the hub in modem mode? I'd recommend trying these tests off-peak and recording the results. Get back to us when you get chance and we'll go from there.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Belafon
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got some advice from the virgin engineer. Getting 154mbs on speedtest now thanks to some advice from your lovely staff members, (off peak)

bought some new hardware from PC world that was recommended by him, signal booster (as signal where I live is up and down) and a new PC wifi adapter (great gaming PC, but adapter only picked up 2.4ghz, not 5ghz) instead of 13mbs I now get 154mbs on speed test, peak times are still somewhat problem, goes down alot, but non-peak I'm getting 75% of the package, peak about 18%.

But this is due to upgrades due in Area 14 (The engineer whom visited me said upgrades are due to start properly 13th Feb) so hopefully work on that will be soon and swift.

^.^ Thanks guys. 

0 Kudos