Menu
DavidFMoore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow 100mb Service

I am getting in the evenings only 25-30mb download speed on a 100mb connection, this is a wired connection direct into my superhub 2

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow 100mb Service

Hi DavidFMoore, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to learn that you only receive 25 - 30 Mbps during the evenings. This must be frustrating so apologies for any bother.

I've had a look at your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F003499249 and is currently scheduled for review around the beginning of August.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) outlining your credit options for this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DavidFMoore
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is getting worse not better, this is ridiculous. 

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5779883592

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavidFMoore, 

Thanks for popping back and letting us know that things haven't been resolved. 

Taking a look at the account I can see the Fault: F003499249 is still ongoing. 

I understand it's frustrating having faults go on as long as they are at times but the work required is very complex. 

It has to go through an investigation stage where we look at what work is needed, planning where we look at how to resolve things. This is the stage that usually takes the longest. We may need to repull cables, lay new ones, move a cabinet or even replace a cabinet. All of this work means we need permits from the relevant authorities. 

Once the planning is done, we need to look at costing. If the cost is to much then we need to go back to the start with planning. More often than not, the permits given are for certain times / dates to so this also needs to be factored in as well as then scheduling the work to be completed once everything is approved. 

As it stands, work looks set to go ahead in December and the next review date will be the 28th December. I can see we are in touch with you regarding credit each month and the team will take another look at this in December for you. 

Again I am sorry and if there is anything else we can do to help, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
DavidFMoore
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes planning is key, but I believe very little planning takes place. 

Fact is, the upgrades have taken place and more people have signed up to Virgin, yes great for your company and revenue but not good for the customer who is now experiencing over utilisation problems. 

It's not rocket science, if you have a fast bus and a slow bus going from A TO B then everyone is going to get the fast bus resulting in overcrowding so like buses and trains you need to make provisions in advance for busy periods knowing you are the fastest service (cough) everyone will be aiming to be with. 

Please feel free to future proof in the next lot of infrastructure upgrades. 

Regards

The Very Slow Bus 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey DavidFMoore,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I completely understand your point, it's also very frustrating for us when we aren't able to provide good news.

Please accept my apologies and thanks for your continued patience.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos