Menu
dbrowne88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sloooowwww Broadband

Amongst other issues I've been having with Virgin (unexpected price increases, poor service, connection dropouts), over the past number of weeks our internet speed has been shockingly poor compared to what we should be getting. We are signed up to 200MB but over the past weeks, we are lucky to get over 30MB at any time of day. A few Speedtest runs over the past few days -

22/11/16 - 8.08am - 38.02MB DL

21/11/16 - 10.29pm - 30.84MB DL

19/11/16 - 08.56am - 61.11MB DL

18/11/16 - 9.37pm - 23.19MB DL

I've been told countless times that my devices and everything in my area is working fine, so is there any other reason why this is happening? My contract is up in February and may have to consider another provider that can provide me with a consistent connection and speed.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sloooowwww Broadband

How you doing the testing ???

Are these wired or wireless speeds ??

Router mode or modem mode ???

What area are you ???

My speedtest just now.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
dbrowne88
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tested through wireless and wired - the speeds shown above are wireless but wired reflected similar speeds.

Currently set to Router

Area 26
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbrowne88, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with slow broadband speeds, I apologise for any troubles incurred and I will do my very best to help resolve things for you.

I have run some diagnostics on your connection and I can see that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will need an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I will ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos