Menu
tester1066
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Skiw speeds - Bad fault diagnosis/repair

For the last few weeks we have been getting a max download speed of 15 Mbs Quite good on a so called 100Mb. When this so called 'automated test' takes place, I never get any feedback from Virgin, On top of that -last yrar Virgin  told me the 200 Mb upgrade would be free, Since reneged upon.

The best download speed I've seen on this thing is 60Mbs, Which isn't too bad, However, My EE mobilre 4G backup device  consistently provides 24Mb+ upload & download.

I know that the Virgin thing(loathe to call it a network these days) when you monitor the download stream. This shows a best of 3Mb since Christmas which implies a 60-70% degradation in service(Usually 10Mb)

Afraid your network guys are too slow resetting routers remotely and can't be bothered to escalate faults. If you bother to look at fault histories in this area it's generally a hardware fault, I know that the local switch has been swapped with a 'tested unit which had no fault found on it's history' but  has not replaced with a new switch. So all we get is a fifth rate service, Which would work well if Virgin attempted to fault find and repair correctly rather than temporarily restarted a switch for the umpteenth time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Skiw speeds - Bad fault diagnosis/repair

Hi there tester1066,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004841710 and has a review date of 26th April. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

I also noticed that the downstream power levels are too high and as this can have an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange an engineer appointment. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos