Menu
matteeee
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sick to death of slow performance

I know it is a really over posted and boring subject but i'm sick to death of slow speed at peak times (you know the times when i am not at work and want to use my HOME broadband), I pay for up to 150mb, I know VM get round their inadequacy by emphasising the up to but that is a gutless cop out. I regularly get around 4-6 mb at peak time. The problem has worsened in the last couple of years, despite their excuses it is undoubtedly down to overselling (NOT over utilisation, pardon me for using the service I pay nearly 60 quid a month for, my bad), I signed up with Nynex some 18 years ago with 512kb service, it then became cable and wireless with a whopping 2mb and then VM and the service is worse than it was a decade ago. In any other business it would be illegal, imagine if I went into Tescos and bought a 2 quid box of cornflakes then when i reached the checkout the cashier explained that they had already sold that very same box to 50 other people and had charged them all 2 quid so I can only have 4 grams not 150, and all the cashier can say is "well 4g is "up to" 150. it's shocking that VM are allowed to sell something they don't actually have. I don't expect any help or improvement in service as they clearly don't care, I think my only option is to leave VM after being a loyal customer from the beginning. I don't need my landline don't even have a set top box and Vodafone are guaranteeing a minimum of 10mb for £25, less than half the VM price for double the peak time bandwidth. Shame but there it is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sick to death of slow performance

Hey matteeee,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting, I do know it's frustrating and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've taken a look at your connection this afternoon, I can see fault: F004856091 which is for total loss of service, this is on-going until around 10PM tonight.

After this has passed, would you post back so I can check again and see what else is going on.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos