Menu
scottyuk30
Just browsing
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shouldn't have rung them!

So, I received a letter around September time informing me that my bill was rising by £3 and for this figure I was receiving nothing in return (apart from the expensive glossy paper letter).
I rang them as I'd not renewed my contract and said that I would for a further 12 months if they reduced my bill. They agreed and said I'd pay £27 for my 50mb line. "I just need to clear it with my Manager" said the helpful man at Virgin Media. As I'm listening to the crap 'on hold' music my router reset itself. I didn't think anything of it at first until the day after when my speed at 6pm peaked at 2mb. I rang them back to be told that it was just co-incidence. 
To cut a long story short my area (20) has very high peak after 4pm. A guy called Steve rung me up and basically told me that I'm connected to the Oldham exchange which has very high usage and is in serious need of an upgrade. He now rings me every month to give me an update and also a credit on my account for the inconvenience, spoke to him last week and it looks like nothing is going to happen until at least the end of March.
I was also told that I can leave my contract and go elsewhere as the fault is at their end.
Rant over, apologies for length.....

p.s 1.2mb maximum tonight, its pitiful that my 4G is faster than my home broadband.

EnsignVorik
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shouldn't have rung them!

You get a phone call, you're the lucky one!
georgedrabble
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

EnsignVorik wrote:
You get a phone call, you're the lucky one!

& credit on the account for the inconvenience rightfully so. It's a shame others aren't treated with the same hand.

0 Kudos
scottyuk30
Just browsing
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think because I work in IT and asked questions she couldn't answer she just said "we have a man called Steve that deals with the really technical stuff, I'll get him to ring you at 7.45 on Wednesday in 2 weeks".
My thoughts 'yeh yeh, utter **bleep** fobbing me off'. He rang at the agreed time and was very honest about the problems. I told him I'd been told it would be December when it was fixed, he burst out laughing and said there was no way that was going to happen. 
He now rings me every month with an update and credits me which is the only thing making me stay.

Reading all these speed issues it makes me wonder how they are still trading!! Shocking!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos