Menu
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Short and sweet? like your bandwidth?

Area 20 still suffering form crap speeds since December paying for 152mb!!!!! - never mind Virgin will refund £25 from £75 for the last three months of sub- standard, rubbish 21st century speed........... Capture5.JPG 

Just bend me over, why not?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Short and sweet? like your bandwidth?

Hi daley110,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I deeply apologise for the slow speeds you've been experiencing since December. I completely understand your frustration.

I've managed to locate your account to check this. There appears to be a high demand for our service in your area. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this. This is being investigated under fault reference F002977692. The next review date has been set for 11th May 2016.

I've made sure the latest update has been notes on your account. I'll also send you a private message to discuss some other things. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You were certainly right to bend over as that's the position they have you in.

As you would be aware after reading these forums, that Review date is unlikely to resolve the issues as when it comes they just make another one usually a few months further away and so on. A lot of these have been doing so for year's so don't get your hopes up. It is likely to get worse and worse as it becomes more and more over subscribed during this time. Likely to get a little worse each week. VM are famous for this to be honest they have a very bad reputation for resolving issues.

They will offer you a small reduction in the cost of your worsening broadband to the point where it will be unusable. You will never have an understanding why they won't attempt to resolve things in your area. You will get told when your review date comes that they are planning things but it is a lot of work but you will not get the information why this takes years to do.

Good luck but you will need a lot of patience in the coming months and possibly years.  Might be worth looking at alternatives so you know your options.

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
numanoids
Well-informed
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Then, if you're really lucky like me, they'll resolve a 2 year issue and it'll work really well for 4 months and then they'll suffer a huge influx of new customers (sales i'm looking at you) as BT Infinity is gearing up for a launch in the area and then they'll have a whole new issue that is now 15 months and counting.
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Same happened to me as my issue was resolved last year but then it was sold over and over again and I am now back down to 2 Mbps at night on a 200 Mbps Package. Waiting for Hyperoptic!

0 Kudos
numanoids
Well-informed
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

and i've just had confirmed that my next review date is august.
0 Kudos
Parki79
Rising star
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

What are your evening speeds like?

I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003476231 - Never Ending Fault.
0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Mostly the same - all under the global avg of 17

0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Well its been pushed back another 3 months December now. Its probably the £100+ a month that I splash out they want to keep - hence the rolling "credit"  ill be back in December - and demonstrate my new car that's rubbish but I have no choice in keeping.....

0 Kudos
daley110
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

well I jumped and got the 200mb upgrade- fool. absolutely rubbish see below -Capture5.JPG

0 Kudos