Menu
Sundance1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Shockingly slow broadband

Oh Mr Branson, please help, fast trains, but oh so slow internet.  I am on a 100Mbps connection, and am heavily reliant on WiFi, and sometimes the speeds are brilliant, however it is so inconsistent.  Yes I understand contention etc, however just run an Ookla test and Wi-Fi is giving me less than 3Mbps.  Having had Sky last year and although they were slow, that is all that they could provide as BT are not in the area with Fibre, however in 1 year I never had cause to call Sky to complain.  I must have called Virgin at least 10 times in 3 months.  Initially I was told that Hinckley was having a new box placed in the exchange, however I have been reliably informed that this is now done.  It is 10am and no one around me is at home, so there should be no contention issues.  I notice that Virgin do not offer minimum guaranteed line speeds, like other providers.  Not sure how much longer I can put up with this.  Tempted to move to BT and have 6Mbps, but it is more likely to be a reliable service (well I say that, it can't be much worse).  Oh yes and please don't tell me to restart my router!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shockingly slow broadband

Hey Sundance1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing. I've taken a look and nothing obvious is standing out in error at the moment. Would you please pop your Hub into Modem Mode and test again?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos