Menu
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Shockingly Low Download Speeds (200MBPS Package)

Hi,

So my parents split up and my father that used to pay the bill was apparently not allowed to pay for Virgin at his new house and old house therefore I had to take it over. The technician came out Wednesday was very disrespectful to my mom (I have his tech ID) and installed the new super hub 3, so far it is a crock of (Insert nasty word here)! I used to hate the super hub 2 but I finally managed to get it optimised for gaming and it would usually always pull 150mbps+ down and 12mbps up and was honestly my baby. I wasn't allowed to keep my super hub 2 as it was in my fathers name and as he took it away I could honestly have punched him square in the face.The download speeds that I am getting with this router are less than 10mbps!!! Time to have a word VM, at one point I had 0.57mbps download and it took half an hour to download an Xbox system update. My father was with Virgin for over 10 years since telewest and they never once helped him out with anything, the customer service and loyalty is abysmal. If this is not resolved then I will 100% be cancelling and good luck trying to get a penny out of me if I do. I want the speeds back that I used to get with the super hub 2. Also for the record, it is 100% the new router because the location of the router hasn't changed or anything.

0 Kudos
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shockingly Low Download Speeds (200MBPS Package)

Router is currently offline with no service at all. I never once had this problem with the SH2. Can someone please assist?
0 Kudos
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

*UPDATE*

Router is back online but speeds are still low compared to what they used to be with the Super Hub 2.

Very annoyed that I have noticed that there is packet loss ugh! Can an online staff member please help me get this packet loss sorted as it's doing my swede in. Packet loss icon constantly popping up on Battlefield one and every other game that I play online. Never once happened with Super Hub 2.

Ralph_R, John_G, where you at?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

post the levels from the router 

Tony
0 Kudos
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

vm1.pngvm2.pngvm3.pngvm4.pngvm5.pngvm6.png

0 Kudos
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply tony,

I have posted the levels. I hope this is the information that you requested as the interface has changed quite significantly since I last used it.

Kind regards,

Ben

0 Kudos
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

-Bump

Almost been a week now, I have until Friday to cancel and join Sky but it's not all sunshine and rainbows on that side of the fence either.

I appreciate that the mods are busy but could I please get some assistance?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

levels are ok - bumping can be counter productive pushing the post down the queue - you are still is the week+ queue - will flag the thread - they may respont or not - up to the mods

Tony
benwade2010
Dialled in
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking the levels Tony, though I am genuinely concerned that you may be addicted to using (-) in your writing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

benwade2010 wrote:

Thanks for checking the levels Tony, though I am genuinely concerned that you may be addicted to using (-) in your writing.

dont - think - so - what - makes - you - say - that Smiley Tongue

Tony