Menu
Juggyluggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Shocking speeds area 14

It would seem I have been struck with horrific speeds at around 20:30 before this time it's perfectly fine, when I first joined virgin I was seeing great speeds and then it's snowballed into meaning I can't do anything online!

My free sky that I had was faster than what I'm receiving from virgin!

It would also seem I'm not the only one with this issue in area 14 has there been any progress?

Have I been traffic managed - surely this should be something you tell people if they are or aren't! I rarely use the internet tbh and when I do I.e the time I'm home from work it's around 2mb which I could have got better speeds over ten years ago it's shocking tbh! So making me think why am I paying for a service and it's not being promised!
0 Kudos
Juggyluggs
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking speeds area 14

Any help????

0 Kudos
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain, also area 14, noticed that I was getting around 3-4mb download speed saturday night (5th nov) and same during Sunday whilst I was in. Checked on Monday morning before work (approx 8am) and getting 70mb+ on wireless (on 100mb package) so thought "all good". Back home just after 5pm and hovering between 2-4mb again and same all night.

Not good enough service, especially seen as though i'm still waiting for the free speed upgrade to 150mb, announced back in Aug 2015!

Kizza-1974
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same in Area 31. On the Vivid gamer 200 package as well, unstable slow connection all during the times everyone is online. Really not on.

0 Kudos
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looking through the forum and that is all that you can see is the same issue and the same response "high peak time traffic fault" if that is the case then there is a major issue with their networks nationwide, instead of offering free speed upgrades, and then increasing the cost of packages (even before some people have got their upgrade!) they should invest in fixing all the overloading of the areas!  It really isnt good enough. The majority of people are only going to be online at "peak" times, and surely they must know that is going to happen.  Getting less than 5mb download speed when paying for 20x that speed is not right.

Something needs to be done, and fast before they start to have a massive exudos...!

And having worked in the fibre optic industry for 16 years, the capacity of said cables should be able to withstand the demand imo!

0 Kudos
Juggyluggs
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Agreed,

Managed to get a fault reference code and it's been on going for ages!

Fantastic! - only been with virgin media for two months and it's not filling me with hope tbh!
0 Kudos