Menu
Heavensangelsx
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Shocking speed below 1mb

For several months now we have been getting really poor internet speed at times below 1mb even though I am paying for the 150mb package. I have contacted virgin media about this problem before however it has never been resolved, so I again rang them today regarding the issue and they assured me everything was 'okay on their end' and it says I am getting 150mb even though I don't think it actually has ever reached that. I was on the phone for over half an hour being diverted from customer service to technical and back and just basically messed around. In the end, nothing has been resolved and I have noticed that there have been 5 new routers and I am still on the original super hub and have never been offered an upgrade? It is beyond a joke. If it remains like this I refuse to stay with such an unhelpful and untrustworthy service and will have no choice but to look elsewhere after years of loyal service.
0 Kudos
Smogger
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking speed below 1mb

Get used to it.  Look at the forums its littered with complaints of the same thing, yet VM does nothing but continue to supply more customers with false promises of amazing internet, yes amazingly slow that is. 21 months for me now with the same issue. Fix dates come and go.  Fixes come and go.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking speed below 1mb

Hiya Heavensangelsx,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be and would like to help as much as I can.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004200895 and with a review date of 28th December.

I have also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some more information.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos