Menu
postieroy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Shocking evening speeds

Every night between 6pm and 11pm our Internet is unusable dropping below 1Mb my children get upset every night can't use their pc and Xbox for gaming causing great stress within the household. Virgin give no solutions to the problem just knock £10 off our monthly bill we need our evening Internet any help welcome none forthcoming from Virgin media .where in Hawkley hall area of wigan any solutions welcome.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking evening speeds

Hi there postieroy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've taken a look at your connection, and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003066490 and with a review date of 14th December.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smurff37
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking evening speeds

I am from Wigan also and I am currently on my 5th review date (28th Dec) I have been like this for over 12 months, if I was you I would take that review date as nothing more them VM forbing you off, check the forum people have been getting review dates for over 2 years, i also get £10 credit but like you dont cut it when you need your broadband and your getting 1mb and you have 2 kids trying to play xbox or the missis trying to stream netflix, its a shambles and the forum staff say nothing other than the same old scripted nonesense Smiley Sad

0 Kudos