Menu
Mattyg88
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Service outage

Hi,

I'm in the Staffordshire area, and have been having bandwidth issues since the middle of the week. At first, virgin hadn't acknowledged this issue, and since have repeatedly set target resolution dates, which have then been extended, day after day - feel bad for this engineer who must have been on site 3 days on the trot..

Not only am I having to use mobile data at home, but I'm also unable to work from home since I can't access my works servers.

On top of that, all streaming and gaming services struggle to maintain a connection, if they can even establish one on the first place - sucks more so on a Saturday night.

Is anyone else on these forums from this area experiencing the same issues? I would take this up with Virgin Media over the phone, but they hung up on me whilst in the wait queue. And I haven't received a single text update since subscribing two days ago.

Unless I can have some direct contact with virgin by the end of today, I'm most definitely switching to Sky or BT. It's a shame because I had a lot of respect for virgin's internet services, but all lost over this past week.

If anyone else has similar issues, it'd be good to hear how long they were without the services that we pay for. Would also be great to hear from virgin as well.

0 Kudos
Sukerkin
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service outage

Evening Matty

A very similar tale over here in the Stafford area.

I use my broadband for on-line gaming and that has been almost impossible over the past week (since last Wednesday).  You either can't connect for hours at a time or once you do get in-game the connection gets dropped as soon as any activity requires a refresh of client-to-server data.

I have known all along that Virgins customer service is legendarily awful but have been lucky up to now not to have any major problems ... so sad to see the truth of the rumours about them and to have experienced this on the back of three price increases in the space of a year.

Much as I hate to do it, for it is indeed a hassle, it may be time to give them the cold shoulder.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service outage

Hi Mattyg88, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with bandwidth, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected when these issues occur, wired or wireless?

Also, could you please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs, you can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos