Menu
Cowboybert
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Script reading or utter stupidity?

So my broadband goes down for the umpteenth time, I restart, pull out the cables.. yada yada yada..

Check the service status page which states everything is perfect! (as per usual)

So I get on the phone to be told to turn it off, unplug.. give light status.. only to be told to unplug everything while signals are sent to the router ... to give the very same router light status..

Phone goon then mentions a fault was reported in the area yesterday.. (4th) and it should be fixed by tomorrow. (6th)

Now call me picky but surely to save me pulling out what little hair I have left out & save precious time for all concerned.. this simple 3 second task was attempted before making me carry out pointless tasks when I could've been doing something a little more productive like watching paint dry..

Oh & to add insult to injury.. when I came off the phone at 2152.. the status page had updated... at 2152.. funny that..

What's the point in having a status page if you don't update it? And don't give me the ... it takes time.. the faults is 24 hours old..

Sorry had to vent..

(Thanks to EE for this marvellous thing called 'internet')
0 Kudos
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Script reading or utter stupidity?

I'd say it is script reading. I will cut and paste parts of your post as I had the same issue for several hours a while ago...

So my broadband goes down for the umpteenth time, I restart, pull out the cables.. yada yada yada..
Check the service status page which states everything is perfect! (as per usual)

So I get on the phone to be told to turn it off, unplug.. give light status.. only to be told to unplug everything while signals are sent to the router ... to give the very same router light status..

Then told there is a utilisation outage affecting the area... (yes... its been ongoing for three years but this fault is different... total loss of connectivity!)

When I Come off the phone and use my mobile the service status page still states everything is perfect! About one hour later I get a connection... briefly. The status page now says...

We know of 1 issue in your area
Network issues might be affecting TV and broadband services at the moment.

Thankfully it appears to be back on now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would hope its script reading but then again peoples common sense now days is flying off the cliff so you may never know Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Rancid
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

its also to-do with a total lack of authority and/or ability to do anything.
CS is their to field calls and that is all, they cannot tell you anything nor can they effect any changes to your service.
They have a script which is all they can repeat.

They are a barrier between you the customer and anyone (at VM) who is in any position to answer any questions.

Area 21 SW16 crap speeds for 12+ Months... current fault F004332018, Complaint COM101113771 Ignored, VM code of conduct Ignored... Avoid VM at all costs