Menu
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Savage connection during peak hours

I have been told by a Forum helper or whatever the role is to make a new thread in order to get a response to my problem. 

During the weekdays past around 5pm the connection is not remotely functional. On Saturday I'd be lucky if I could load a video.

It appears that threads in the speed section receive more responses so I'm posting here.

I've been told my issue will be reviewed today and would like an update on the situation, i.e. when have you pushed the date back to. How about this time next year for example?

03-04 December 16.png04 night.png04-05.png05 night.png06 night.png06.png07 midday.png07.png

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
haydenbcfc
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Savage connection during peak hours

Whats your area number? Im getting the exact same issue

0 Kudos
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't know how large the area numbers are, but postcode wise EH11.

So, we're hitting peak hours now and we're struggling to load facebook videos... The packet loss is insane, dial up was more reliable than this.

07 fix day.png

Edit: as a quick aside, I really do wish that the BQM would go above 140 on the y axis, it's a shame it doesn't because this graph is not very representative of the whole picture.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hydrops,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your broadband connection. 

Looking at your account, I can see that you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area. The reference number is F004749079 and has a review date of 8th February. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Smurff37
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the exact same scripted answer i got just with a different made up review date that will get moved again

Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The thing is the forum staff are just here to mediate peoples disgust at the vile policies at VM. They don't actually fix anything

nice connection.png

If you want an internet connection that works and is more reliable than carrier pidgeon, the only answer is to leave VM behind and never go back. Vote with your wallet!

0 Kudos