Menu
trentsmith
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SW11 - Area 21 High Utilisation

Is there an expected date for the an upgrade in SW11 (Area 21) to fix the current over utilisation? Speeds are fine in off peak periods but almost unusable weeknights, and weekends. 

Most nights it's faster using 3G on my Phone than using the wireless connection. 

Thanks

Trent

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: SW11 - Area 21 High Utilisation

Hi Trent

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read that you are still experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area, the reference number is F004027585 and with a review date of 21st December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
trentsmith
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam,

It appears this fault reference was already open on the 25th January 2016, with a review date of the 17th of February at that time.

Is there a reason the review date keeps slipping? This gives me little confidence the issue will be resolved soon. I can live with a reduced speed during peak periods but some nights even general web browsing is a struggle.

Cheers

Trent

0 Kudos
ChrisH6
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello - this remains a problem in Area 21, and it has gotten increasingly worse over the last month or so. What is the problem, what is being done to solve it, and when can we expect the sort of broadband speeds that we pay for?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
trentsmith
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, 

It still remains a problem for me too. The last i heard, the review date (not the fix date) was 29/03/17. I assume that will just slip again, so at this point i have pretty much given up and i am looking to change providers. 

Cheers

Trent

0 Kudos
ChrisH6
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trent - I'm also looking for a different provider, as Virgin do not seem to respond to this issue (it isn't even flagged in the 'service status' area of my account).

But, other fast broadband options in the local area seem quite limited.  At present, BT aren't able to accept an order (the message is "Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now.")

If you get a satisfactory solution, it would be great if you could reply to this thread with it.  I suspect that would help a number of Virgin customers in our area!

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
trentsmith
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for letting me know about the BT issue, they had been what i was intending to change to. 

If space doesn't open with them, i may look at ADSL options. These would offer a lower speed but hopefully would be usable in the evenings. 

I'll let you know if i make any progress. 

Trent

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ChrisH6 wrote:
... I'm also looking for a different provider, as Virgin do not seem to respond to this issue (it isn't even flagged in the 'service status' area of my account).

But, other fast broadband options in the local area seem quite limited.  At present, BT aren't able to accept an order (the message is "Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but demand is high on your cabinet right now."

Virgin Media could do with taking a leaf out of BT's book. If BT can inform their customers that demand is too high on local cabinets — then so can Virgin.

Just goes to show that both companies have a completely different ethos when it comes to transparency and how they treat their customers.

Come on Virgin. If BT can do it, so can you!

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos