Menu
Backin63
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SO31 new cables?

Hi all

Over the past three weeks my 50mb connection on the Superhub has been fine during the day but in the evenings it goes down to 2mb at best and drops out altogether for up to two hours at a time. I phoned customer support and was asked to put up with it until the 25th of this month as new cables were being fitted to this area. I can find no mention of this anywhere so I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SO31 new cables?

Hi Backin63,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see the network issue our call centre team told you about. It's an issue with the network affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004196539).

Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 4th October.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Backin63,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see the network issue our call centre team told you about. It's an issue with the network affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004196539).

Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 4th October.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Backin63
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for getting back to me. I have been with Virgin for years at three addresses and always had good speeds but waiting until next Oct for yet another review is beyond a joke. I guess it's over selling the capacity that's done this, more money to Virgin and less speed to loyal customers. Loyalty has to end sometime and that time is now for me.

thanks again for getting back to me

GarryWhitten
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's pretty frustrating! Give them a call if you haven't done already though as you should be due a refund for them not being able to supply the service. I did so back in February. Although I'd complained about the speed drop for some time, they only took my call as the point in time when the issue arose so wouldn't back date it. No doubt why they don't advertise the faults!
0 Kudos