Menu
nash17
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SLOW fiber speeds in Earls Court SW10

I have recently moved to Earls Court and started the 100Mb/s package with Virgin, but in the evenings (the only time I'm home and able to make use of what I'm paying for) I get terrible download speeds (link to speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5628412936). This is less that 2% of the line speed I pay so much for!

I have posted in a similar thread asking if the supposed maintenance issues (initiated circa 2014) in the area are resolved but have received no response. 

Do other Earls Court users have the same problem? 

Is there a Virgin employee here who can help sort this out?

Unless this is solved quickly I think it would be worth simply cancelling the contract and using a different ISP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLOW fiber speeds in Earls Court SW10

Hi nash17

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, there are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? 

The next time you notice a change in speeds complete a speed test whilst the Hub 3.0 is in modem mode to see if the speeds differ? Trying the test this way will eliminate other devices connected.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nash17
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't have any other devices connected to the network and I am still experiencing frustratingly slow download speeds. I can't even load webpages without long delays. 

I have tried with the directly connected via an ethernet cable and it doesn't improve the connection speed at all. 

What else could I do? This is really really infuriating!

0 Kudos
mitchy0283
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nash17,

I live in SW10 too and had had no problems up until earlier this week. Speed has dropped to a despairingly low level! Let's take to the streets!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nash17,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy I hope you don't mind me picking up your thread, Sam is off today.

It does appear that there was an issue flagged to our network engineers after your original post, this is due to slow peak-time speeds. They are currently working to carry out broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area. Once this is resolved the peak-time speeds should return to normal.

The reference for the ongoing work is F004836430 and the current review date is 22nd February. I've sent your details to a colleague who'll be in touch with you via PM to discuss your credit options for the duration of this issue. They'll also be able to provide you with updates at the next review date.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos