Menu
Iann1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SLOW WIRED INTERNET SPEEDS

hi,

for the past week i have been keeping an eye on my internet speed which it has been wired connected as well as my wireless as i have felt it has dropped.

i have a 150Mbps plan and while my WiFi is running at its full speed my wired has dropped by more than 50% and running under 70Mbps

surely that is not correct and i should be running more with a wired connection more than a wireless even tho both should be running at the top speed i know sometimes your WiFi can drop a little but confused on why for the past week my wired speed has dropped so much and before some moderator comes on and asks about if its peak times I'm trying this the answer is no, I have tried this at different times of the day/night.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLOW WIRED INTERNET SPEEDS

Hello Iann1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the speed issue you're experiencing, it's certainly odd that your wireless is performing well, but hard-wired is slow. May I ask what hard-wired device you're testing? If it's a PC or laptop, have you tried Safe Mode? Also, have you tried different Ethernet cables / ports? Lastly, does Modem Mode make any difference?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Iann1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi,

i have tried this on a laptop (with a higher network card) and also with an xbox one and i know you will say a console can have vary speeds but its always ran at its full speed up until a week ago. i have tried different cables and ports and still no further forward.

also when i asked if there was traffic management on the line i was told no and also a friend with the same issue was told this but i found that there is traffic management on all lines unless you take out the gaming vivid 200

which seems convenient that the issues are just starting to happen to people using the xbox one.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iann1, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and I can't see anything that should be causing too much of an issue. 

It may be worth seeing a BQM so we can see what you are seeing from your side. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos