Menu
DWM007
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SLOW SPEED

I HAVE UPGRADED TO 200MB SPEED  SO I THOUGHT GREAT I WILL BE ABLE TO STREAM 4K UHD CONTENT WITHOUT IT BUFFERING BUT NO IT DOES NOT SO I DID A SPEED TEST AND ONLY GETTING ABOUT 25MB ON DIFFERANT TIMES OF THE DAY I AM PAYING FOR SOMETHING I AM NOT GETTING IT IS WAY OF THE MARK

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLOW SPEED

ARE YOU TESTING WIRED OR WIRELESSLY?

IS THE SPEED TEST 25MBS OR 25Mbs? (IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IF THE B IS UPPERCASE OR LOWER CASE) WHERE ARE YOU TESTING TO?

WERE YOU PREVIOUSLY GETTING THE FULL SPEED ON YOUR OLD CONTRACT? OR DID YOU HAVE ISSUES AND THINK UPGRADING WOULD FIX IT?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

DWM007
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SORRY IT IS 25Mbs and tested wirelessly and upgraded because of having 4k uhd tv buffering on the 100Mbs so upgraded to 200Mbs but still the same I was wondering if it would be better if I upgrade to the new V6 box and have a hardwire connection to the super hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try directly wired into the hub first, wireless is flakey at best so not really worth it for high bandwidth tasks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DWM007,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering slow speeds at the moment, I know how frustrating it can be, especially when videos are buffering!

I've run some tests and it looks like the hub's power levels are too low at the moment. I'd like to book an engineer to come and fix those for you. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can arrange a suitable appointment time. Drop me a reply when you get chance and I'll book that in asap.

Catch you soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos