Menu
Dan00725
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SLOW INTERNET SPEED

area 31.

Im on the 50 mbs and im on getting 2. I cant even watch the football on sky go without it buffering. Im a new customer who just switched from bt but at least i could watch the football. If this carrys on i will be canceling 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SLOW INTERNET SPEED

Evening Dan00725,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004145936 and has a review date of 5th April.

Were the speed tests completed through a wired or wireless connection?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you do cancel and go back to BT, make sure you tell them why.  They might want to use it in their advertising.  The tag line could go something along the lines of "when asked, 9 out of 10 VM broadband customers said that the service is extremely poor indeed and that they wouldn't even recommend it to their worst enemies, let alone to their best friends".

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Evening Dan00725,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004145936 and has a review date of 5th April.

Were the speed tests completed through a wired or wireless connection?

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dan00725
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its just at peak times like now its really slow, fine during the day. Its a wireless connection. so your saying the speed will be slow every peak time until april.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan00725, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection during peak hours. 

I have taken a look and F004145936 has a review date of 05/04/2017. So this is not a fix date but we will be reviewing any work done and what needs to be done if more work is required to rectify the issue. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss fault ref F004145936  further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos