Menu
merryp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SE9 30 Meg only get 0.78 Meg and have been told this will be the case for 4 months!

Purchased 30 Meg and get less than 1! I have been told its due to updates and get £5 off a quadplay service each month - but seriously - whats BT's performance like now as I am this close to setting up with them...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SE9 30 Meg only get 0.78 Meg and have been told this will be the case for 4 months!

Hi there merryp,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

Looking at your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003733143 and has a review date of 29th March 2017.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day?

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
merryp
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SE9 30 Meg only get 0.78 Meg and have been told this will be the case for 4 months!

OK - still receiving sub 1 meg service on a 30 meg contract at peak times i.e. early pm to around 22.00 . I have gone through support - been reset etc. etc. Each time I do this I'm taken through a script which basically suggests I'm doing something wrong/not really au fait with how the Internet works. It gets ever so slightly more annoying as the operative states after continued pushing and resets that 'magically' there are now some notes on the system saying that upgrades Are ongoing to the network going and will be complete by X date.

This shenanigans has been ongoing months now. I was originally told that I would have to have a substandard Internet till 25 December. Tonight 4.1.17,  I was told I would have to "put up with it till" the 28 March!

Frankly, I donot have to 'put up with it' because the service is not fit for purpose, moreover virgin is in breach of contract selling a service at 30mg when performance is sub, i.e. below, 1meg.

And to pre-empt any silly questions, I have been using speed test.net, professional ping generation and I am connected via ethernet with a clear cache, no cookies, no history etc etc. And I have a little bit of knowledge in the sector having worked in the TMT for 20+ years.

PS retention services are not really applicable for me as they cannot solve the problem, your CSR operative informs me.

0 Kudos