Menu
lazzyuk
Tuning in
Message 51 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubbish speeds in Norwich NR5

Same old story I'm afraid people, I was in the same boat four years ago. Kudos to VM, after 18 months of whinging and rebates, they did finally provide more bandwidth, but had lost our household to Sky (excellent fibre broadband - good deals for new customers too atm).

Here's our original thread

We even got into the local rag

Good luck to those of you who are suffering. No doubt, VM's soon to be increased speeds won't help the situation one iota.

I actually searched the forums as enough time had passed for me to consider going back, but no chance now - the same problems keep coming up...... it's not good enough VM.

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 52 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Students are back and now the connection is barely usable again. I can't believe how long this is taking to sort out.

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 53 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Upload speeds now suck too. Could the staff please check if we're now suffering from high upstream utilisation too? I'm not being STMed as I've only uploaded 120MB today.

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 54 of 77
Flag for a moderator

So I'm pretty convinced we now have high upstream utilisation issues too.

My 152Mb service

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 55 of 77
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 56 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Are VM staff just ignoring this thread now?

0 Kudos
Stoobydoo2002
Tuning in
Message 57 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Apparently so....They upgraded me to 200mbps but the internet seems slower now than before!! Does it really take a year to sort out upgrading an exchange box??? I see BT infinity vans all the time fiddling with theirs but never any Virgin Media vans!

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 58 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I honestly think releasing the speed upgrades to our area was a massive mistake. It was already way over capacity and the speed upgrades have made it worse:

I had better download speeds than this on ADSL a decade ago.

0 Kudos
mike_
Fibre optic
Message 59 of 77
Flag for a moderator

*bump*

By time you see this message the fault ticket will be due an update. From what I've seen so far, nothing has been done.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 60 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I've had a look at the fault ticket F003346711 and I can see some work has been done, unfortunately it does not seem that this has helped to alleviate the issue so far. 

This has gone back to the planning team for further investigation, we should have more information on this after 27/01/2016. Please give this thread a bump after this time. 

I will also pop you a PM, look out for the red envelope in the top left corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos