Menu
Fibre optic
Message 21 of 76 (499 Views)

Re: Rubbish speeds in Norwich NR5

Any update? When I phoned in for my credit at the weekend they said planning permission had been granted, so you must be in a position to say what work is going to be carried out, and perhaps when it will be carried out?

I'm getting speeds fluctuating between 1Mb and 4Mb this evening and iPlayer has dropped to its lowest bitrate, yet still sometimes stops and buffers.

Tuning in
Message 22 of 76 (491 Views)

I'm also in NR5 and also suffering appalling speeds (especially the past week or two - it's taken five minutes simply to login to this forum!) Lost internet entirely for almost an hour and a half a few days ago and the evening speeds are utterly unacceptable. I am not even able to stream a local radio station!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 23 of 76 (479 Views)

Evening both, 

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

I've had a check in on fault F003346711 just now. The ticket hasn't changed since Kev posted earlier in the month, but it's getting reviewed on the 29th April and we will know more then. 

If you could bump this post on or after the 29th April we will have an update to report back to you. 

Really sorry about this and thanks for your patience. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 24 of 76 (446 Views)

Exact same issues for me. Moved in back in September and chose Virgin for the high speeds, low price and 9 month contract. Since living here I've never got above 4mb/s in the evening - even though I'm paying for 50mb/s.

I know you say it should be reviewed in 7 days but this is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, I'll phone customer support and get some credit, but I would have paid more for an actual good service!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 25 of 76 (433 Views)

Hi jonahltb,

Thanks for posting. As you know we're already discussing this here.

If anyone else is having problems please let me know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 26 of 76 (413 Views)

Just to follow on from what Rich has said:

They've reviewed the case and the new estimated fix time is 29th July. Not much use to me as I will have moved out by then, but might be helpful to know. 

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 27 of 76 (390 Views)

*bump*

By time you read this it should be 29th April

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 76 (374 Views)

Hi mike_,

Not quite the 29th April but I do see an update.  I'm afraid it's not good news, our engineers reviewed the issue last week and unfortunately things aren't in a position for the upgrade work to be carried out, this is still expected to take place during the first half of the year, but they've set a review date ahead to July to give everything time to be set up.

I'm really sorry that the problems are ongoing and that it's not better news.  By all means give us another bump in a few weeks to check for any further progress.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 29 of 76 (367 Views)

By the end of July this will have been going on for a year. It's an absolute disgrace.

Joining in
Message 30 of 76 (322 Views)

I've also been having the same issue. It has got so bad that I can't work when I need to at weekends (I'm a teacher and can't download any resources). This is ridiculous. We were given the April date and just called today and Virgin said July to us too. I can't wait that long. I don't care who I switch to, I just have to switch!
0 Kudos